Search This Blog

Friday, July 13, 2012

Drought

 Dry Irrigation Canal in Tulare, California


A Drought Disaster has been declared in 26 states.

I told you so, or - as Sheldon Cooper on The Big Bang Theory once paraphrased - "I informed you thusly!"

What I said was when the Climate Change debacle comes, it will come quickly, much more quickly than scientists have been saying.

Why did I know this? Think back for the past 25 years every time a climate disaster occurs; think of the Europe Hot Summer of 2003 during which 10,000 people died ( I still cannot believe that 10,000 figure, and I have to re-check it every time I write it: that is a phenomenally high number!); remember that each and every time, after the reports had been issued, the committees evaluating the climate science said that the rapidity of these changing events took them a bit by surprise.

Things go both ways; sometimes glaciers are thought to be melting, sometimes they are found to be in fine fettle, but uniformly up to a few years ago, forecasts were 50 to 100 years ahead of us for various changes, and these would be conservative estimates.
But Nature has acted radically.

Thanks to everyone who has helped by politicizing Climate, thus ensuring that Nothing will Continue to be Done!
--

No comments: