Search This Blog

Monday, May 18, 2015

Yahoo's Email Mess

 "In Yahoo! Mail, we all FLOAT !



Email #1
If I send an email to Joe Doakes, who is on the contact list as "Doakes" with the address "jdoakes.doakes.com", then the email appears in the SENT folder as "me...Doakes".

So far, so good.

Email #2
If Doakesie replies, it shows up in the INBOX as "Doakes...me".

Email #3
If I reply back, this time the latest email - my reply back to Doakes or email #3 - appears in the SENT folder as "me...me", for all the world as if I an emailing myself.

Furthermore, the Doakes reply - email #2 - to which my email #3 is a reply is now changed in my INBOX to "me...me"  !!

Again, for all the world as if I am emailing myself.

Now try going back and finding emails from Mr. Doakes!

Why do Tech companies think they must justify their existence or their charges by continually re-inventing the wheel?
For pete's sake, it's email! Leave it alone as it was when we could understand what was going pon, before all your "improvements".



--



No comments: