Search This Blog

Thursday, March 03, 2016

Oath Breakers

We Don't Need No Oaths!








After Scalia’s Death, Don’t Let GOP Senators Break Their Sacred Oath
Jay MichaelsonMarch 3, 2016
http://forward.com/opinion/334848/after-scalias-death-dont-let-gop-senators-break-their-sacred-oath/
Dozens of Republican senators, many professing religious piety, have stated that they will not discharge their duty set forth in the Appointments Clause of the U.S. Constitution, which reads, in part, “The president shall nominate, and by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, shall appoint… Judges of the Supreme Court.”

Have they considered the religious consequences of their inaction?

When United States senators take office, they say this oath: “I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion, and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God.” ...

Will God or Politics win this moral issue?
I have already placed my bet.


 Senator Grassley, Another Breaker of Oaths

"Them oaths of office are subject to Sun-Set laws; they don't last ferever."

--

No comments: