Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

And In This Corner...

Baysage in What Powderfinger said... has a post on the bail out, or the Brave New World as I like to call it: http://whatpowderfingersaid.blogspot.com/2008/09/now-let-me.html and he is adamantly opposed. Good for him for taking a stand. For myself, if I had my cabin in the mountains, I would take my old Whole Earth catalogues and guns and become a mountain man, never coming back to mingle with city folk. I was talking to an old guy, my father actually, and Fox News had clockwork-oranged him into a state where he now actually agrees with my condemnation of Republicans, but cannot utter a statement without some introductory proviso along the lines of: "Both sides were at fault; the banks who wrote the mortgage and the homeowners who kidded themselves into thinking they could afford it." or "The President made a lot of errors, but this is the worst Congress since..." or "Both Democrats and Republicans are to blame..." or "I do not trust Obama. I do not believe he's on the up and up. The people is his past are very shady characters." I know what it all is. When he talks about the characters in Obama's past, it actually means "black people". And certainly both political parties are to blame, although presently the Republicans have all the trump cards of criminality. However, this business about the homeowners and the mortgage industry...tsk,tsk,tsk. Here's how it really went down: In this corner, the challenger, your average homeowner; middle-class, prone to believe TV commercials, thinks they're hot stuff. (yay! yay!) And in this corner... (camera pulls back to get all this gargantua- or tregurtha - into the frame.) ...the champion, the mortgage banking industry... (yay! yay!) ...Wall Street... (yay!yay!) ...the Secretary of the Treasury, the Vice President of the United States... (yay! yay??) ...and all the accumulated economic nonsense of 40 years! (yay!!!!) Now who do you think would win that match?

No comments: