Search This Blog

Saturday, September 20, 2008

A Note On Hubris

I seem to recall that the notion of hubris was touched with the idea of reversal of fortune. In the past eight years, the USA has gone from the end of History - there is no history save that of the USA and the Neocon geniuses who moved and shook- and the foreign policy of throwing a miserable nation of turban wearers against the wall every now and then, to the present miasma. Can you believe it. If you recall my poem on my other site about the Tunisian Lady, a sudden reversal of imagery takes your breath away. Everything is a gift from God, even suffering. We had better learn the lesson in this! It may be something like: so great is the danger in having one super-power which has become arrogant and idolatrous to think itself to be the god of history, that God must bring it back down to human size!

2 comments:

spruitt77 said...

I believe you are right. I know that people are deciding not to chose someone because they may be too much of an idealist? They think he's oblivious to the fact that everyone is not our friend? You don't live in a world as a biracial man and have two children of your own and not realize that everyone is not going to like you, be your friend, or have your best interest at heart. I too believe in the goodness and capability of people. I believe the problem is that we don't believe enough in ourselves and one another. Years of grooming and conditioning has taught us not to. Well, we are people, not Jack Russell Terriers and no one needs to be training us like a country of pets. We need to be shown examples of GREAT leadership and then be empowered t o make the choices to create our own greatness. I am working to inspire change one person at a time. I have written a book on male/female relationships based on biblical principles and since I see that you are an avid reader, I would love to get an impartial take on my work. Would you consider viewing excerpts on Google and offering me some feedback? I would greatly appreciate it if you could. Thanks and I will visit your site again in the future.

Montag said...

I agree with you entirely. The excuse that Obama has somehow had a faulty education in hate and discord is a nonsense decision, and misses the important issues...once more.

I would certainly consider viewing excerpts of your work.
Since you have read here, you know what to expect from me, so you are forewarned.

Thanks.