Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 03, 2008

My Trip To The Republican National Convention:1

I decided to go by train. I have always spoken in favor of rail transport. It it more energy efficient by far than other forms of transport. So train it was. Rail does have its problems: politicians aren't interested, they'd speak of drill, drill, drill rather than a complex mix of rail, air, and automotive. Some hedge funds which are very iffy have large holdings in rail. AMtrak still suffers from neglect, so I had to take the bull by the cow-catcher, so to speak, and show them I meant business. I went on the Internet and got my ticket, choose my seating arrangements, and went to the roundhouse later to pick my locomotive:

At last, just before Gustav, we left:

We finally came in via the old aquaduct into Eau Claire, Wisconsin.

This was the end of the line, and we had to find other transport.

pix: agence eureka

No comments: