Search This Blog

Monday, September 01, 2008

Halliburton

Before you even think of voting for another Republican, let us remember Halliburton Industries. Richard Cheney used to be their CEO. Halliburton recently moved its headquarters and all its upper echelon executives out of the USA to the Middle East, probably a beach front in Abu Dhabi. The reason was stated to be that most of their clients were in the Middle East. Perhaps they are a bit frightened of investigations into their corruption in Iraq, their unholy ties with Cheney, and their crimes and his. I am sure there is no extradition treaty where their HQ is now located. Check it out.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

huh? Do you know what you are saying?

Montag said...

Hmmm.
Well, Halliburton announced the move in March, 2007.
The Target was Dubai, not Abu Dhabi as implied in the post.
Richard Cheney did head up Halliburton.
The reasons for the move were pretty much as written in the post.
A number of people were incensed by the move.
The company has been accused of a number of acts...some call them crimes...I wrote "crimes"...
Should be "alleged crimes", not crimes...and it is true that one man's crimes are another man's normal way of doing business...

There is no extradition treaty with Dubai, but that's important for a number of reasons. I suppose if I were to pick up roots, I too would pick a country with no extradition treaty; it's just good, common sense.

I thought Halliburton was an outstanding symbol of the "Industrial" in the warning "Military-Industrial complex", being in the war zone and having been headed by the country's VP.

Checking things out, all this was said back in 2007, so it is pretty much derivative and boring and old news...

I tend to let that Iraq War thing get me down. It's water under the bridge now, and it doesn't do any good to throw stones.

Write hastily in anger,
repent at leisure.

TX_ASK said...

For the record. This article is a crock of sh*^. KBR is no longer part of Halliburton and Halliburton does not work for the military. KBR was run as a seperate company while merged with Halliburton. I am glad the two are apart, but now Halliburton will most likely forever be tainted by its past ties to KBR.

Montag said...

Now that is a comment.

This could be an example of Mythic or Ideologic thinking, my own in this particular case.

I suppose this shows that I do not wish to grasp issues, but merely the appearances and narratives and scenarios...which is why, I further suppose, I am at the RNC as a bystander.