Search This Blog

Saturday, January 01, 2011

Granny Gets Tazed



Baysage has a post on what citizens of Oklahoma have said famously and infamously through the past year.

http://whatpowderfingersaid.blogspot.com/
Thursday  December 30, 2010
They Said It

one of which is:

"Don't Taze my granny!” — Lonnie Tinsley in a lawsuit recounting what he told an El Reno police officer before the officer used a Taser to subdue his 86-year-old grandmother, Lona Varner.


This is my favorite of all. It is perfect for a country-western song:  
"Granny got tazed until she flatlined... messin' with the law one Christmas night!"
and so on. (Best sung to "Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer".)
I am starting to use the word "taze" myself in contexts like: he tazed a sizzling line-drive over third base, or to speak of mind-tazing perplexities.
I sort of use it to give the F*** word a rest, and everyone around me seems to be much relieved. When I let loose with a withering "Grammutha Tazer!", no one seems all that upset anymore.


--

No comments: