Search This Blog

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Morning Songs





Sometimes I wake up in the morning with music in my head. I really like "The Barber of Seville" so it is very cool when I wake up with Figaro's boasting that he is the factotum of the city! Sometimes it is the Muppets Christmas songs. Sometimes Bob Dylan.

This morning I woke up to a medley of Popeye the Sailor songs, sung by Olive Oil, Bluto, and Popeye hisse'f.
So this morning it was Olive singing "I Want a Clean Shaven Man", Bluto doing a very strong and interpretive rendition of "Abu Hassan", and Popeye singing his theme song from the cartoons and the extended version from the Robin Williams film.
The grand finale was a mega-Boston Pops cum Fireworks type thingie based on Navy music, particularly that ditty that was used in the cartoons when Popeye had just had a bellyful of insults and disrespect and had gobbled down a can or two of spinach; it was complete with naval dreadnoughts firing their 20mm guns, the barrels popping like biceps with the effort!

It promises to be a good day!

No comments: