Search This Blog

Sunday, December 06, 2015

Bureaucracy In Film

Jupiter Ascending

Jupiter Ascending gave me the idea for this. The film appeared to be rather boring and uninteresting, except for the scenes where the main characters were dealing with the bureaucracy of Trantor, or whatever the imperial planet's name was.
The scenes reminded me immediately of Brazil.
Sorry for the terrible photo.



Brazil

Please note the forest of pneumatic tubes.


The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari 

Werner Krause as Dr. Caligari is dealing with some petty official in the city hall of whatever village he and his somnambulist are haunting.



Ikiru


An absolutely wonderful film by Kurasowa. I owe my friend, Gil, a debt of gratitude for introducing me to the films of Kurosowa. So much so that even now I pretend to let him have the final word on things cinematic.



The Trial


Orson Welles' production with Anthony Perkins.

--

No comments: