Search This Blog

Monday, April 02, 2012

Profiling Requires Information

Racial profiling: getting a visual of a young black man and drawing the profile of a trouble-maker can lead to at least one death or more.

We are a profiling country: everyone wants to put everyone else into a box... or a cell.

What really bothers me about the gathering of personal information - now from cell phones which police departments on all levels are using to track people without the permission of a court - is the fact that most of this data is going to be used sloppily and probably in a manner that is inimical to our welfare.

I trust the local police no more than I trust Facebook than I trust Google than I would trust a local vigilante like Mr. Zimmerman...

And many of these "data and information gatherers" have guns.
--

No comments: