Search This Blog

Monday, February 28, 2011

Message to Linda

OK, Linda. Should we come up with a nickname for you now? I personally would find it difficult to include you among the names of poisons I already have for the Rogues' Gallery of Friendship thus far,  but I do not wish you to feel excluded, either. All my wife's other friends have poison nicknames. If I were to come up with something like Iberis Sempervirens - which is no poison whatsoev... would you feel cheated? Iberis is not good anyway, eventhough the English name is something-something-candytuft! Iberis reminds me of Iblis ( إبليس ) which is probably not a good idea, being the name of ..  الشيطان
or Old Nick himself!

Hmmmm........  the mills are grinding.

Which reminds me of a melange of maxims, one of which:

He or She whom the gods would destroy, they first drive into Blogging !

No comments: