Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Spin-offs & Outtakes & Highlights

I am going to be gone for 2 days. I am going to Port Desespoir to assist my brother in his disability hearing, and I shall be staying with my parents who "got no truck" with things like computers and the Internet. They are print-medium-totallers. However, the Detroit newspaper-simulators.... don't really know what to call them anymore... are usually not delivered to their home anymore, the home delivery bubble having burst and newsboy bicycles litter the roadways! They do have a subscription for such delivery, but it is sort of like a newspaper to Garcia... or "we don't need no newspapers!" and it is hard indeed to watch the breakdown of civilization. I am sure this is how Curtius Pomponius felt that morning on the Esquiline Hill when the Rome-Picayune-Observer tablets were not delivered. First the Aquaducts, then the newspapers! Of course, for my parents, it would be - grace to Rush Limbaugh et alii inanes - first Obama, then the newspapers!

So being gone, I thought I'd run some outtakes.
But did you ever try doing a Blog outtake post? I mean, who would want to read your muffs, flubs, and misspellings and grammar errors? Even if you had a laugh-track, would it help? I mean, they already are subject to that type of chicanery already.
O.K. So I thought, maybe spin-offs: I could have my nephews do a blog... or Guest Host: they could host the blog in my absence. They declined, having better things to do in winter, such as following the sun.
Could do highlights, but if them lights are so high, why did nobody read 'em in the first place?

The world will survive.

--

No comments: