Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Greetings from Alvin Xiao: 记下日期

I think that may be correct for "Save the Date" in the sense we hereabouts use it for events and parties.

Anyway, She-who-must-be-obeyed and I received our  记下日期 , or Save The Date, card from Alvin Xiao ____.  (I leave the last name blanked out for his privacy.) He will be one year old in the summer, and there is a multi-cultural get-together.

His father, the brother of my goddaughter, was not able to have a large wedding in the USA, even though he did have one in China. He keeps referring to this future shindig as partly a postponed wedding party - USA style - that he never had.

I told my wife that if he was expecting another gift, he was sorely mistaken. Nor would I throw dollar bills at him and his wife as they danced.

One year birthday gifts, however, are another matter entirely, and must be weighed seriously.

--


No comments: