Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Hurry Sundown


 חג אורים שמח


Hannukah starts soon. Hurry sunset!
I have gelt for all the children.

Which reminds me of the year that I was at a freundliche and gluckliche get-together at a friend's house, and at the time his children were young, so I had put some gold-wrapped chocolate coins, the gelt, in my pockets earlier, so I would have it ready to give to them.
When I saw the bright faces of the children, I could not find the chocolate coins in my pants pockets.
I could not figure out what happened to them.

I found them the next summer melted in the pocket of my coat, oozing from the golden foil.

As it is said, Life is brief (Vita brevis), Art is long, (Ars longa), and Vey ist noch länger... woe is even longer (than Art!)

--

No comments: